Here we are, only 100 days away from the start of ISB 2017! In honor of our 50th anniversary, we’ve decided to give you one article per day celebrating #100DaysofBassLove. Our articles will celebrate ISB past, present and future. We’ll also be featuring events that you can look forward to at ISB 2017 in Ithaca, New York (June 5-10, 2017).
We love the bass. There is no doubt about that. But even more importantly, it is those people who play the bass that touch our lives, inspire us, educate us, and make our lives better. At the convention, everyone is accessible. Truly. Accessible. Students, teachers, luthiers, and amateur players mix, make new friends, and hang out with their bass heroes.
Prepare Yourself For the Convention
To get the most out of your convention experience, here are a few tips:
- Become an ISB member. You can’t come to the convention if you aren’t a member. Has your membership lapsed? Renew it now.
- Register for the Convention.
- Book your housing. ISB has all kinds of affordable options available ranging from on-campus housing to deals with several local hotels.
- Check out the list of presenters. ISB 2017 features recitals, workshops, master classes and more presented by the biggest names in our bass family from all over the world.
- Talk to your bass friends and come as a group. You’ll have lots of new friends by the end of the week, but it is even more fun to share those experiences with someone you know.
The convention also features special events, an exhibition, and a build-a-bass in a week project. We’ll feature those aspects in future episodes of #100DaysofBassLove.
If you have questions or thoughts about the upcoming convention, post them in the comment section below. We’d love to hear from you. It’s your ISB.