The new issue of Bass World has just come out (vol 37, no. 1). This issue features articles on:
- Catalonian Virtuoso Josep Cervera Bret – If you haven’t heard of him before, it is time to check him out. Leon Bosch adds his perspective on Bret and his wonderful compositions that you’ll definitely want to hear.
- 10 Questions for Orin O’Brien – This is part 2 of the series. Douglas Mapp interviews this great lady of bass (and long-time member of the New York Philharmonic). Find out her thoughts on teaching, keys to successful playing, and advice for our young professionals.
- Giving Your Shoulder a Break – Murray Grodner gives great tips for playing without the pain.
In addition to our features, we also have our regular columns:
- My Turn – Find out what happens when a bassist is challenged by a weasel in the house… true story.
- Body & Bass – Our new B&B editor Randall Kertz (who you know by our video series) helps you to warm up and cool down at the end of your session.
- Luthier’s Corner – 114 Basses Made and Counting: Meet Albert Jakstadt in his workshop and find out what he’s doing in Atlanta, Georgia.
- PLUS the latest reviews in music for you to play and hear.
Bass World is for ISB members only. Get your subscription to the magazine and all the benefits of being “in the family” by joining or renewing your membership today.JOIN / RENEW NOW