This issue of Bass World is packed full of great discussions, interviews and reviews.
- An Interview with Bert Turetzky – At the 2013 ISB convention at the Eastman School of Music, the bass world celebrated Bert Turetzky’s eightieth birthday that year. The day after his exemplary recital and birthday reception, where students past and present saluted him in words and music, Bert sat down with Kyle Gassiot for an interview in the lobby of the Kodak Theater.
- Xavier Foley: Redefining Diversity at Sphinx –
You probably heard about Xavier last year in our ISB news item here. He’s been an ISB member for quite awhile, winning competitions and growing like crazy. Read Graham Isaak’s interview with him to find out what this Curtis student is up to now.
In addition to our features, we also have our regular columns:
- All That Jazz – Anton Hatwich interviews Ken Filiano.
- Different Strokes – Alex Hanna looks at 6 excerpts from Richard Strauss’ Ein Heldenleben.
- Body & Bass – Randy Kertz approaches the “bow tie.”
- Luthier’s Corner – Legendary engineer, designer and musician Norman Pickering discusses the wolf note.
- Rumblings – On the Trail of the Octobasse in Mirecourt, France.
- In the Zone – Christopher Johnson, Brandon McLean, Jonathan Borden, Evan Halloin
- PLUS the latest reviews in music for you to play and hear.
Get your copy of Bass World by joining the ISB today!JOIN or RENEW NOW!